April 11, 2011

May there always be sunshine



According to one of my favourite songbooks, Rise Up Singing, Lev Oshanin was a school child in Russia when he wrote the words to this song. It was set to music, and translated. I sing this song with 3 and 4 year olds, and give each child in my circle a chance to add their wishes. Their answers are hysterical, simple, and touching. In answer to "May there always be...?", they have said: rollercoasters, ice cream, grandmas, parks, pizza, playgrounds and trees. You can find a lovely recording of this song on Kathy Reid Naiman's Sally go round the moon.

Chords: D / Em / A / D

May there always be sunshine
May there always be blue skies
May there always be mama
May there always be me

May there always be sunshine
May there always be blue skies
May there always be papa
May there always be me

No comments: