January 2, 2012

A sweet song for the new year

Thanks to Ashley Eriksson of Lake, and thanks also to Cartoon Network's Adventure Time, a song to lift the spirits, a song to remind us.



Come a[F]long [Bb]with me[Dm]
To a [F]town be[C]side the [Bb]sea
We can [F]wander [C]through the [Bb]forest
And [F]do so as we [C]please

Come along with me
To a cliff under a tree
Where we gaze upon the water
As an [Bb]ever[C]lasting [F]dream

[A]All of my aff[Dm]ection
[Bb]I give it [C]all to [F]you
[A]Maybe by next [Dm]summer
We [Bm]won’t have changed our [C]tune

I still want to be
In this town beside the sea
Making up new numbers
And living so merrily

All of my affection
I give it all to you
I be there for you always
And always be for you

Come along with me
To a town beside the sea
We can wander through the forest
And [F]do so [C]as we [Dm]please
[Bm]Living so [C]merri[F]ly

Happy New Year, friends! I hope this will be a musical year for all of us - Lord only knows that I could use more music in my life!

2 comments:

asmyser said...

Hi, I'm new to playing uke and i'm really having trouble keeping rhythm and getting the strumming down. Can you tell me what the strumming pattern is for this song?

Baroque Clouds said...

Hey asmyser!

Gosh, I'm so sorry that I missed your comment! I hope you get this answer, three months later...

You know, I don't have a set strumming pattern for this song (or for most songs). When I play, I try to pick a pattern that seems to flow well with the song. The patterns are usually simple and fairly regular, although I do try to vary things up a little bit just for the pleasure of listening. If you're looking for something to go by, you could try a simple down-down/up-down strumming pattern that would sound like this with the first line:
Come a(D)long (D/U)
(D)With (D/U)me
(D D/U D)
Not sure if this makes sense written down. Whether or not it does, I hope you'll let me know! Cheers and the best of luck to you :D