May 6, 2012

Mail myself to you

Here's a favourite song of mine. I think of it is a car song, or a long distance phone song, or a song to sing to an old friend you want to see. And of course, it's very singable with young children.

 

 I'm a big fan of Woody Guthrie's, and wish he were alive today.

[C] I'm gonna wrap my[G]self in paper,
I'm gonna daub myself in glue,
[C]Stick some [C7]stamps on [F]top of my head,
[C] I'm gonna mail my[F]self [G]to [C]you.

I'm gonna tie me up in a red string,
I'm gonna tie blue ribbons too,
I'm gonna climb into my mailbox,
I'm gonna mail myself to you.

When you see me in your mailbox,
Cut the strings and let me out,
Wash the glue off of my fingers,
Stick some bubble gum in my mouth.

Take me out of my wrapping paper,
Wash the stamps off of my head,
Pour me full of ice cream sodies,
Tuck me in my nice warm bed.

Last:
[C] I'm gonna wrap my[G]self in paper,
I'm gonna daub myself in glue,
[C]Stick some [C7]stamps on [F]top of my [C dim]head,
[C] I'm gonna mail my[F]self [G]to [C]you.

No comments: